How To Help Your Child Learn Grammar?
Grammar is to English what your spine is to your body. There's no way to speak English fluently without knowing grammar. It helps the reader as well as the writer to comprehend the intent very clearly.
In India, kids are given additional classes in grammar. The emphasis is on tense, verb, pronoun, adverb, etc.
Also, what makes grammar interesting is the rules and exceptions. Grammar is something that we as adults also make mistakes. The senses you use tenses, pronouns, and adjectives can be hard.
To reduce parental stress. Here are tips to help your child learn grammar.
- Use the correct sequence - The moment you introduce your child to grammar classes, it becomes your responsibility to be a grammar guide. Structure your sentences in a way that kid learns from it. These structural sentences should have a subject, adverb, preposition, etc.
- Address the mistake - Grammatical mistake is something that can't be rectified unless conveyed. Ignorance can cause the little mistake to be a lifetime habit. Expand the sentences your child says. For example, if the kid uses a single word, take charge and frame a complete sentence. Encourage your child never to shy away from making errors.
- Preposition 'pressure' - Prepositions are short words that are employed before a noun. On, in, into all these words are a nightmare. What if I say there are only 150 prepositions. Only 50% is used in common expressions. This creates mental relaxation for your kids. It's advised to make them study the preposition through function—for example, Preposition by movement, place, time, etc.
- A comma can lead you to Coma - One comma in the wrong place, and the complete meaning is distorted. A comma is just a pause for a sentence. As a parent, you can unveil the 'comma cards' slowly. Introduce them to the purpose. Once they master the beginner's learning, add complex use of commas.
- What's about the 'Verb' - The wide arena of the verb. Where to use the past tense, what's the purpose of future tense. It's all just a mix-up if not taught properly. Incorporate fun activities for them to understand. Building verb vocabulary, awareness of speech helps a lot.
- Practice overall grammar - Your child should be aware of all the rules. The kids shouldn't be spending excess time on a specific rule. Make them practice even the minor rules.
Grаmmаr is sоmething thаt needs tо be tаught аnd is sоmething thаt needs tо be соntinuаlly рut intо рrасtiсe. Parents саn оffer а reаlly greаt, аnd interасtive wаy, tо рrасtise а tорiс whiсh – саn оtherwise – be а bit оf tough!