Our day starts and ends with communication. We communicate in the emails we write, the job interview we attend, debates we organize, and the list goes on. Communication can take up the entire day. The way to make it effective and productive is by employing 7Cs of communication.
The соnсeрt оf 7 С’s оf Effeсtive Соmmuniсаtiоn first was employed in business, where time is рreсiоus аnd there is nо rооm fоr mistаkes dоne оut оf misinfоrmаtiоn. The 7 С’s stаnd fоr seven essentiаl рrinсiрles оf соmmuniсаtiоn stаrting with the letter С. Eасh оne reрresents а requirement thаt the messаge shоuld meet tо be effeсtive.
The 7c of communication ensures that your email, newsletter, presentation are well constructed and crystal clear to the audience.
Here is a brief use of seven cs of communication that can make you master communication.
- Clear: The message written or spoken should be clear. The purpose of the communication should be clear to the one receiving it.
- Concise: The information should be precise and to the point. The sender should convey the message in the shortest way possible. The brief messages are much easier for the receiver to read and act upon.
- Concrete: This means that the information shouldn't have any space for misunderstanding. All the data and facts should be well scanned before sending.
- Correct - The message should be checked grammatically and spelled correctly. When communication is correct, it directly hits the audience chords.
- Consideration: The sender must take in stride the receiver's cultural background, mindset, and knowledge. This enables effective communication. The information provided should be targeted to the recipient, and the sender must take care of it.
- Complete: The information transmitted should be complete. This means the message should include all the necessary information required by the audience. This further helps the receiver to decode the message.
- Courteous: This includes communication that promotes honesty and positivity. Courteous here means thinking about the feelings and viewpoint of the receiver. The message should not be harsh and biased. The message should be emphatic and show respect to the recipient.
Think аbоut the 7 Сs every time yоu need tо соmmuniсаte sоmething аnd yоu'll аlwаys knоw yоu're delivering the сleаrest messаge роssible.
The better we communicate, the more credibility we have in front of our peers, bosses, and teachers.
7Cs of effective communication
Meanwhile, why don't you start from our top 3 blogs -