6 tricks to inculcate reading skills in your Child
The passion is missing in the kids. When it comes to developing reading skills, kids say, "I have just studies. I don't want to study more." We, as parents, see it as a chance to make the kid fall for books.
You are already one-trick close to inculcate reading skills.
Parents have the question, what's that one trick that can induce reading habits in their child. Well, dear readers, you are lucky enough to note not just one truck but six of them.
- Personalised Bookmarks - The power of bookmarks is still a mystery for many. One thing is sure that a perfect bookmark can teach reading skills to your child. Personalised bookmarks, like those inspired by Marvel comics. It will make your kid use them more. They would be eager to open the book again and again.
- Highlighting - Annotation and highlights grabs your attention. When the kid sees a deserted book and an annotated book, the will to study later would be high. He would be curious to know what's written in green color and so on.
- Comic books - You won't mind what the kid is reading in the book unless he is doing otherwise. Comic books have always garnered kid's attention. Choose the right comic book for your kid. This can slowly be advanced to become a novel someday.
- Have an Ama Session - 'Ask me anything. To give an incentive to the kid. Parents can have a detailed discussion about what they have read. This will prompt the kid to a fun session. Where they can ask anything regarding content, he read.
- Roleplay - An activity that can encourage the child to read out content. Kids love drama and acting. When they are protagonists of a play or a story. A 100% effort is guaranteed from the kid. It also is a recreational activity.
- Thematic reading - To increase the engagement in reading. Thematic reading can be encouraged. Every day, a different topic is read about and discussed so that reading doesn't seem boring.
Give your kid more than just the curriculum reading material. Identify their passion and bring a book close to it. There's hardly any chance that they would deny that. Neither will they deny reading if you inculcate these six tricks.