As we have seen the fluctuating covid-19 cases, most of us prefer to work and study in the safety of our homes, which is the only solution until the situation returns to normalcy. During school days, our children would get along with their peers at different levels/ platforms, but today due to the given situation, we find them losing contact with their teammates due to lack of connection and outings. So here are a few solutions to let your child regain the bond and friendship-
- Virtual work and play: The offline mode of interaction has its own charm as one gets to interact physically with others. But, in this pandemic, many of us are resigned to just the boundary of our house. Though, fear not as the internet is loaded with a variety of online games such as Uno, Ludo Snake and ladder, COD, and many more, such games increase the concentration span as well as helps the child to interact with their friends.
- Call on weekends: Most children are stuck with their homework during the week. Thus, every child should check on their friends at least once during the weekend via- any social media or messenger platform. This can brighten their mood as children enjoy talking to their peers as compared to their family members.
- Interacting session: Young children have a lot of leisure time, as they have reduced their traveling time and longer school hours. During this leisure time, each child can read different types of books and exchange their thoughts via Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, etc.
- Neighborhood hangout/ Gardening: Social distancing does not mean isolating oneself from everyone. For example, a short evening walk in the backyard or sidewalks could help improve their mood. While on the other hand, those interested in gardening can create their botanical gardens.
- Learn new recipes virtually: This is a practice where the child agrees to prepare at least one new dish in a week. After that, they can share the recipe with their friends; in this way, the child keeps their mind engaged and learns new traits that will pay off in the long run.
- Learning a new language/practicing yoga: Learning new traits such as a new language or practicing yoga can be more exciting and exciting to the young mind if they have good company. Thus this can help the child to bond in the most effective way with their peers.
Meanwhile, why don't you start from our top 3 blogs -