10 ways to empower public speaking
The first true sign of a leader is, he holds the ability to motivate others.
The gооd news аbоut рubliс sрeаking is thаt аlthоugh it mаy nоt be fun anyоne саn leаrn tо give effeсtive рresentаtiоns. Yоu dоn’t hаve tо lооk like а Bollywood stаr or use fаnсy wоrds tо be а suссessful sрeаker. Whаt is imроrtаnt is thаt the аudienсe understаnds yоu аnd remembers whаt yоu speak. By leаrning аnd using the teсhniques рrоvided in this reаding mаteriаl, yоu will disсоver hоw tо сreаte engаging sрeeсhes аnd рresent them.
- Introduce yourself: Start by giving a short description of yourself. Keep a positive tone and high energy. Make sure you don’t deliver the typical introduction. Grab the audience’s attention in the first impression itself.
- Know your audience: Be aware of what the audience wants to hear. Public speaking is exactly like branding your products. One needs to recognize the nerves of the audience. Determinate what message you need to communicate & deliver in easy language. Research and plan before the speech
- Never start with a Sorry: You wouldn’t want your audience to believe that you are underprepared. Never reveal your insecurities about speaking to them. It gives a negative impression & encourages them to limit their attention. If you commit an irreversible error, always acknowledge them to remove further awkwardness.
- Plan your strength: Never opt for something that you are not comfortable speaking about. Identify your positives and potential and work around that. You don’t want to lose out on such a great occasion. Do you? For example — If you’re funny, make jokes. Be authentic and talk about what you know rather than pretending something else.
- Engage your audience with thoughtful questions: Lots of people believe that public speaking is all about hours of non-stop talking. But it’s not true. It involves audience interaction as well. Asking reflective questions can give you a particular source of interaction.
- Share stories: Once you have briefed your audience about the topic and their information with facts. Now, share stories with the audience. It will grow a personal bond between you and your audience. Sharing relevant & genuine stories put the audience and speaker at ease.
- Use presentation & visuals: Presentations and visual illustrations are the best to entertain the audience. Use presentations and more visuals so the audience can retain the information smoothly. Visuals also grab the audience’s attention and remove distractions.
- Make eye contact: Looking in the eye of your audience gives a statement that you are confident. Seek 3–5 seconds of eye contact with individuals in the audience. Only look at one person at a time. Never rapidly scan the audience. If someone looks away, find another person.
- Take your time: The audiences are here to listen to you out. Never let time. Decide what you want to convey. You have a time limit; refine your speech beforehand. Speak at a decent pace so that the purpose of your address is clear to all.
- Focus on body language: Public speaking isn’t just about your information, research, and voice. What How you look like and your command over your body explain a lot about how the seminar will end up. So always, use your hands and gestures to keep the audience engaged. Keep a good posture, stand straight. Avoid touching your face and hair.
Are you Empowered? I am sure you are. So what’s the wait for then? Let’s begin the drill.