March 22, 2022
10 tips for public speaking
Table of Contents
- Have good knowledge about your topic: Always remember to have good knowledge about the topic you are about to speak about in public. Research well and keep yourself updated with the latest trends for the same.
- Get familiar with the stage: Try to reach in advance and make yourself familiar with the stage. Check the lights, the microphone, and everything you are going to use in your speech. It will reduce your chances of losing it out in front of your audience.
- Practice: "Practice makes a man perfect." Practice as much as you can before performing your gig. The more you will practice, the more confidant you will become in your performance.
- Keep an eye on your body language: Your body language says a lot about you. The way you express yourself creates an impact on the audience. Stay positive and carry a confidant body language. Always keep a smiling face.
- Dress Well: Remember, you need to dress according to the type of audience to create a personal touch with your listeners. So, for example, you cannot wear something formal in an event where your audience is youth.
- Have command on your speech: You need to have command over your speech to be an excellent public speaker. Each word of your speech needs to be clear for the listeners to understand.
- Keep track of the time limit: Good public speakers always take care of the time limit they have to perform. If you take more time to finish than what's required, it will create a negative image in front of your audience.
- Always have a plan B: Life is uncertain. You have no idea what is going to happen next moment. So always keep yourself prepared for such uncertain situations. As we say, Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.
- Prepare good presentation: To become good at public speaking, always prepare a good presentation. Your presentation should be a perfect blend of audio, visuals, and texts. Try to maintain a good balance between these while preparing your presentation.
- All set! Hit the stage: Once you feel things are going great, go ahead and let everybody know some great personality is hitting up.